The Logistic Business is Picking up Steam in Dubai
The glitz and glamour of Dubai’s greatest and best successes may be attributed to the city’s favorable business climate, which has lured investors to the emirate. People can come up with a multitude of business ideas and confidently embark on their entrepreneurial journeys. This bravery or strength emanates primarily from one of Dubai’s defining characteristics, which is the logistical support it provides to the rest of the world.
Dubai’s strategic location in the United Arab Emirates, with two seaports and two international airports, gives significant benefits for shipping businesses. The logistic companies will provide services such as warehousing, shipping, and distribution. With such a vital role to play, starting a logistics firm in Dubai is both feasible and wise.
Steps to consider before starting a logistic company
A business owner with an operating strategy and a thorough understanding of the logistics industry in Dubai can optimize profits. A logistics firm in Dubai can also be involved in a variety of commercial operations.
- When launching a business in the UAE, the first step should be to identify a trustworthy expert firm who can help you through the procedure and take away the stress of company creation.
- You’ll have to define the logistics sector in which you’ll be operating, and make sure that your selected activity corresponds with logistic-related commercial operations such as customs brokerage, freight brokerage, warehousing, air freight, third-party logistics, and surface logistics among many more. Failure to define each proposed activity may result in problems down the road.
- It is critical to establish a business plan after you have chosen your business activity that your logistics firm in Dubai will engage in. This business plan should include the location of your office, the number of employees, and the layout of your business. This business plan must be presented with your company registration and business license application.
- It’s important to choose a name for your company now that you’ve established your activities. There are a few things to consider before naming a firm in the UAE. You must adhere to a set of naming guidelines that are both strict and straightforward. For example, a phrase like ‘global’ or ‘international’ cannot be used as the initial portion of your company’s trade name, and country names are not permitted.
- The essential thing to expanding your firm is to choose a competent jurisdiction. Mainland or Free zone. If your firm is going to be based on the mainland, there will be an exemption in tax with other benefits and you must produce a copy of the tenancy contract for your prospective office. This is significant since the office address of the space you’ve leased out becomes your company’s registered office address. In the case of free zones, you will receive several benefits, including ongoing business assistance, monetary incentives, and office and/or warehouse facilities for your activities. However, it would be advantageous if you could begin your business operations in a suitable free zone. In a free zone, there is a lot of room for your activity. You can pick any size office and/or warehouse. There is an option of choosing between a completely equipped office and a semi-furnished office where you can modify it to your preference. One thing to note is that each person you want to hire will require a lease of 100 square feet of commercial space. You may adapt to changes at any moment due to the flexibility provided. Since its inception, free zones like the Jebel Ali Free Zone (JAFZA), Sharjah free zone and Dubai airport free zones have developed tremendously. There are thousands of businesses operating in these jurisdictions. They have risen to become the UAE’s top free zones, providing end-to-end solutions and excellent development possibilities. Lastly, free zones are a good option for investors who want to create a logistics company in Dubai.
- Finally, the business plan, the legal structure of the logistic firm, and other relevant papers must be submitted for review, following which you may begin full-fledged commercial activities. Pay the fee, get a certificate of incorporation from the registrar of companies, and launch your firm.
The Emirate of Dubai is quickly establishing itself as a prominent hotspot for logistics. While the pandemic has affected many supply chains around the world, Dubai has taken on new constraints and transformed them into emerging innovation potential thanks to its financial stability.
Logistics companies assist businesses of all sizes with their warehousing and global shipping requirements. Because logistics firms deal with so many different factors, there is no such thing as a lucky break when it comes to getting things off to a good beginning. Whenever you plan to create a logistics company in Dubai, you need to consult with a professional firm to help you get established.
Jumeira Consultants is a group of professionals dedicated to realizing the aspirations of ambitious entrepreneurs and small businesses. We ensure that you will receive accurate and fast services based on their extensive knowledge of the emirate and years of business experience.